May 6, 2016
Download tool and documentation
May 6, 2016
We are pleased to announce a new release of the AFLEET Tool. This release includes the following updates:
- Added gaseous hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- Added state-based private and public station fuel pricing from Clean Cities Alternative Fuel Price Report
- Added refueling station and EVSE infrastructure construction, operation, and maintenance costs
- Updated petroleum use, GHG emissions, and relative air pollutant emissions from Argonne’s GREET 1 2015
- Updated vehicle air pollutant emission factors from EPA’s MOVES 2014a
- Added national petroleum use and GHG emissions externality costs and county-specific air pollutant emission externality costs
- For more information on AFLEET updates, please use the following link: AFLEET Tool Version History-2016.pdf
October 28, 2013
What is AFLEET Tool?
The Department of Energy's Clean Cities Program has enlisted the expertise of Argonne develop a tool to examine both the environmental and economic costs and benefits
of alternative fuel and advanced vehicles. Argonne has developed the Alternative Fuel Life-Cycle Environmental and Economic Transportation (AFLEET) Tool for Clean
Cities stakeholders to estimate petroleum use, greenhouse gas emissions, air pollutant emissions, and cost of ownership of light-duty and heavy-duty vehicles using simple spreadsheet inputs.
The tool uses data from Argonne's Greenhouse gases, Regulated Emissions, and Energy use in Transportation (GREET) fuel-cycle model to generate necessary well-to-wheels
petroleum use and GHG emission co-efficients for key fuel production pathways and vehicle types. In addition, Environmental Protection Agency's MOtor Vehicle Emission
Simulator (MOVES) and certification data are used to estimate tailpipe air pollutant emissions. Various sources are used to provide default cost data, including the Clean Cities
Alternative Fuel Price Report and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act awards.